"As long as there is plenty, poverty is evil. Government belongs wherever evil needs an adversary and there are people in distress.” ― Robert F. Kennedy
Anderson County Democrats believe every Tennessean, no matter who you are, what you look like, or where you live, should have the opportunity to have:
- a good paying job,
- access to healthcare,
- a good education for their children,
- clean air to breathe and safe water to drink,
- safe communities to live in,
- good roads and bridges to drive on, and
- to retire with security and dignity.
We believe in the American dream and idea that anyone can pull themselves up by their bootstraps if they work hard enough. However, if you don't already have boots, the American dream is out of reach.